To prepare swimmers for the Junior Development Squad
The top 8 swimmers in the Rising Stars Squad that have achieved or are closest to Yorkshire Times. Overall skill will also be of high importance and the main issues that will be considered are Streamlining, ability to kick fly underwater to a good standard, stroke technique and turning ability. The Senior Coach and Development Coaches’ decisions are final.
- Swimmers will be reviewed to move to Junior Development Squad at 3 review points during the year (usually September, Christmas and Easter).
- Swimmers will only be eligible to join Junior Development Squad from the age of 9 upwards for males and females.
- Swimmers must show a good standard of aerobic stamina to be considered for Junior Development Squad.
- Swimmers will only be considered to move to Junior Development Squad if they can perform the following on a constant ongoing basis-
- Streamline to high standard on push offs on the front & back.
- Perform fly kick underwater to a good standard on the front & back.
- Show effective stroke drills on 3 different strokes.
- Perform turns to a satisfactory standard on 3 different strokes and the 3 IM turns.
- Show a basic understanding of reading a pace clock.
- If swimmers do not achieve Junior Development Squad standard by 13 years of age they will exit Rising Stars Squad and be recommended to continue to swim with their local club.
- Swimmers will arrive at training sessions with the correct and appropriate kit
- See entry criteria for Junior Development Squad
Please note that some training could be cancelled due to events / unforeseen circumstances this has been reflected in the price per month