The squad is for swimmers aged between 9-14 for both males and females. The aims and objectives of the squad are to develop swimmers for age group (BAGCAT) competitions. A varied range of skills and stroke drills will be implemented, but the focus will be on fundamentals and enjoyment. The maximum number in the squad will be 34 swimmers.
- Swimmers must be of the age as stated in the squad description.
- Swimmers must have ambitions to achieve N.E.R. qualifying times and above.
- To be considered for JD swimmers must be able to demonstrate, on a regular basis-
- A good front & back streamlined position when pushing of the walls.
- A good fly kick on both front & back when pushing of walls.
- Show a satisfactory level of turn skill on all 4 strokes and the 3 IM turns.
- Be competent on 3 of the 4 swimming strokes.
- Show a satisfactory level of fitness & stamina.
Whilst in Junior Development Squad
- Swimmers will attend a minimum of 5sessions per week.
- Swimmers will arrive on time for the commencement of each session.
- It is desirable that swimmers will hold a current Yorkshire S.A. qualifying time.
- Swimmers will demonstrate a positive attitude towards training, the coaches and their peers.
- Swimmers must show a commitment to morning training to be considered to move into Youth Development Squad.
- Attend a minimum of 8 meets per season and enter the correct events as directed by the Senior Coach and Development Coach.
- Swimmers will arrive at training sessions with the correct and appropriate kit.
- Swimmers are required and expected to keep an up to date log book.
- Swimmers will move to Youth Development Squad when they reach the required age (See entry criteria for Youth Development Squad).
- Swimmers will loose their place in the squad if their attendance falls below 5 sessions per week on a more often than not basis and will be recommended to continue their training with the local clubs.
Please note that some training could be cancelled due to events / unforeseen circumstances this has been reflected in the price per month